How you can use TestGorilla assessments within the FreshTeam ATS
You can connect TestGorilla to your FreshTeam account, allowing you to invite candidates to an assessment and see the summarized results inside FreshTeam. This article explains how that works. The Freshteam integration is available on the Scale and Business plans and can be enabled by users with Admin or Owner access.
Please check with Freshteam regarding the plan and access level needed on their side to make this work
Approx. reading time 3 minutes
In this article
- Set up the integration
- Use the integration
- Review results
- Disable the integration
Set up the integration
The integration between FreshTeam and TestGorilla is turned on from the inside of your TestGorilla account, and the setup is configured inside of Freshteam.
|Note: Only the owner of your TestGorilla account can set up the integration.|
Connect the integration
From within your TestGorilla account:
- Click your name in the top right corner of the browser and select the Integrations option from the drop-down menu.
- Locate the Freshteam integration and click the Enable button
- Copy the API Key
Configure the integration
Read this guide for detailed instructions on how to connect the integration from your FreshTeam account:
- Log in to your FreshTeam account and go to the Setting page.
- Click on integrate with other Apps and use the search function to find TestGorilla
- Select the Install button to open the Configuration page
- Enter your FreshTeam domain name and FreshTeam API key and Validate the connection
- In the Connect TestGorilla tab, paste the API key copied from your TestGorilla account
- In the Configurations tab, select the roles that can send out TestGorilla assessments to the candidates
- Click Save to activate the integration
After you connect and configure the integration, you can proceed to invite your candidates and review their results within the FreshTeam platform.
|Caution: You'll need to create a new assessment to do this — assessments made prior to turning on the integration will not work.|
Use the integration
The Freshteam integration created a step-by-step tutorial for sending automatic invitations, or inviting candidates manually. You can read a more concise version of those articles below.
Send assessment to a candidate automatically
Log into Freshteam and follow these steps to invite candidates:
- Go to the Recruitment tab > Recruit.
- Select the job and click on View Job Details > Hiring Workflow > Manage Hiring Process
- A sidebar will appear and you will be able to see TestGorilla, click on Configure.
- In the dropdown Select Round, choose the stage of the process where the TestGorilla Assessment should be triggered.
- In the dropdown Select Assessment, choose the name of the TestGorilla assessment the candidate should be invited to
- Click Update to save the changes
Your candidate will then receive an email invitation automatically.
|Note: You can add TestGorilla assessments to multiple stages in the process.|
Send assessment to a candidate manually
- Open the Recruitment tab in Freshteam and click on Recruit
- Select a job posting and an applicant from the applicant pool
- Click on the TestGorilla logo in the sidebar to view if this applicant was already sent an assessment
- Click on “Send another test” and choose an Assessment from the existing list
- Confirm the selection by clicking Send and the tags on the candidate profile will be updated
For detailed information on what was sent to the candidate, you can click on the Emails and Comments tabs respectively.
You can check the status of the assessment in the Recruitment tab in Freshteam.
- Go to the Recruitment tab > Recruit and open the job posting
- Click on the candidate whose results you would like to review
- On the candidate’s profile, the Tags and Comments tabs are updated to highlight an assessment completion
- The sidebar will contain the candidate’s average score and a link to view the complete results in TestGorilla
|Note: To view the candidate's detailed results, the user has to be added to the TestGorilla account.|
Disable the integration
If you decide to stop using Freshteam with TestGorilla, follow these steps to disable the integration:
- In TestGorilla, click your name in the top right corner of the browser and select the Integrations option from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Disable button on the Freshteam integration.
- Hit the Disable button on the popup that appears asking you to confirm your choice.