The details of what's included in and limitations of using a Free Forever plan.
Free plans don’t have a time limit on them. Free plans don’t pressure you to make a decision and commit to a product before you know if it will work for you.
Instead of trying out a product in a hypothetical situation for a limited time, our Free Forever plan allows you to incorporate TestGorilla into your workflow: using it on real candidates for real jobs, to help you get value before deciding if you need to invest money in one of our paid plans. This article is for current or potential users of our Free Forever plan.
Approx. reading time 4 minutes
In this article
- What's included in a Free Forever plan?
- Common questions
What's included in the Free Forever plan?
Our Free Forever plan allows for unlimited candidates and assessments but has a limited test library and feature set. Here we’ll discuss what is included.
The Free Forever plan includes unlimited use of 5 tests from our library
|From the Personality & Culture category:
|Free versions* of the following three tests:
Each of your assessments can include any combination of the five above tests.
Essential skills template
The essential skills assessment template is unique to the Free Forever plan. When creating a new assessment, you will be using this template.
Selecting this template streamlines your assessment creation by automatically adding all available tests in the Free Forever plan to your assessment. Due to the versatility of the tests included, they can be applied to diverse job roles across various industries to help you identify valuable candidates.
The Free Forever plan comes with a set of 5 custom questions that you can use in your assessment. You can select any or all of these custom questions to add to the assessment, but you will not be able to edit them. For more information on custom questions, click here.
The custom questions available are:
Essay Question: Tell us about yourself, what attracts you to this opportunity, and why you are a great candidate for this role.
Essay Question: Describe a time when you identified a personal weakness at work and took steps to improve it.
Essay Question: Describe a time when you worked collaboratively as part of a team to achieve a common goal at work.
Essay Question: Please provide a link to your LinkedIn profile.
File-upload question: Please feel welcome to upload your resume/CV or portfolio (if you have one).
The Free Forever plan has access to a limited feature set. The below features are included:
- Unlimited account users
- Qualifying questions
- 1 public link per assessment so candidates can invite themselves
- Test recommendations for each job role
- Customizable invitation and rejection emails
- Candidate tracking with stages from invited to hired
- Candidate anti-cheating measures
- IP address logging to avoid multiple attempts by the same candidate
- Location logging (based on IP address)
- Webcam snapshots (with the option to turn off)
- Full-screen mode detection (to avoid research during a test)
- Randomized questions per test
- Time limits on tests
- Copy and paste disabled
- Reporting and analytics
- PDF, Excel, and CSV downloads of assessments and individual candidates
- Comprehensive overview of all current and past candidates
- Scoring benchmarks for candidates with percentile rank scoring
- Add your own ratings and personal notes
As you can see above, the Free Forever plan comes with a pretty robust feature set. So what are the limitations?
Assessment specific limitations
- Tests. The Free Forever plan library only includes 5 tests while premium plans have access to over 400 tests and counting. You can see an up-to-date count on our pricing page or take a look at our full test library to see what you’re missing.
- Assessment templates based on job roles.
- Test recommendations for each job role.
- Custom tests. Users of the Pro plan can use our test creator to make their own custom tests to add to any of their assessments.
- Company intro/outro video. All premium plans can add an intro- or outro- video to their assessments, to help personalize things a bit further.
- Unique invitation links. Lite, Starter and Pro plan users can generate unique public links to gain insight into where candidates come from.
- Bulk invitations. Beginning with the Lite plan, you can invite candidates in bulk by uploading a CSV of email addresses.
- Company branding . Use your own company logo and colors beginning with our Pro plan.
- ATS integrations. We offer numerous ATS integrations to users of our Pro plan.
- API access. We offer an API for our Pro plan users.
What does the transition to the Free Forever plan mean for existing users of the Free plan?
All new and existing free users will automatically transition to the Free Forever plan.
If you have active assessments that contain tests or features that are not included in the Free Forever plan:
For assessments with no external invitations or internal invitations only, the assessments become premium.
For assessments with external invitations, the assessments become blocked. You will not have access to the assessment results.
If you are on a credit-based Legacy Plan and now have active assessments that contain tests or features that are not included in the Free Forever plan:
For assessments with no external invitations or internal invitations only, the credit-consumption alert will be shown as soon as the first external candidate is invited.
For assessments with external invitations, the assessments become expired. You will still have access to the assessment results but will be unable to invite new candidates.
If you create an assessment that includes only features included in the new Free Forever plan, you can invite candidates without consuming any credits.
How do I upgrade to a paid plan?
Upgrading to a paid plan is fairly simple: choose one of the upgrade buttons found throughout your account, and follow the onscreen instructions to upgrade in one of five different currencies. For full details on purchasing a paid plan, please take a look at our article Subscribe to, change, or cancel a plan.
How can I try out premium tests or features?
In order to protect the integrity of our tests, we have removed the ability to test premium features internally.
If you would like to explore premium features, we have introduced a 15-day trial that is eligible for companies that have more than 50 employees.
You are eligible for our 15-day trial if you are on a free plan, have a company size exceeding 50 full-time employees, and have never had a paid subscription. Within this trial period, you can access all premium features associated with the chosen plan. Click here for more information.
Which plan is right for me?
We have a Return on Investment (ROI) calculator that can assist you in determining the most suitable plan based on your hiring needs.