The details of what's included in and limitations of using a Free plan.
Do you know what’s better than a free trial? A free plan.
Free plans don’t have a time limit on them. Free plans don’t pressure you to make a decision and commit to a product before you really know if it will work for you.
Instead of trying out a product in a hypothetical situation for a limited time, our Free plan allows you to incorporate TestGorilla into your workflow: using it on real candidates for real jobs, to help you get value before deciding if you need to invest money in one of our paid plans. This article is for current or potential users of our Free plan.
Approx. reading time 4 minutes
In this article
- What's included in a Free plan?
- Trialing premium features
- Common questions
What's included in a free plan?
Our Free plan allows for unlimited candidates and assessments but has a limited test library and feature set. Here we’ll discuss what is included.
The free plan includes unlimited use of 10 tests from our library
|From the Personality & Culture category:|
|Role-specific skills tests:|
|Free versions* of the following four tests:|
Each of your assessments can include any combination of up to five of the above tests and ten custom questions.
Free plans have access to a limited feature set. The below features are included:
- The use of up to ten custom questions per assessment from two types:
- Up to 5 account users
- 1 public link per assessment so candidates can invite themselves
- Test recommendations for each job role
- Assessment templates based on job roles
- Customizable invitation and rejection emails
- Candidate tracking with stages from invited to hired
- Candidate anti-cheating measures
- IP address logging to avoid multiple attempts by the same candidate
- Location logging (based on IP address)
- Webcam snapshots (with the option to turn off)
- Full-screen mode detection (to avoid research during a test)
- Randomized questions per test
- Time limits on tests
- Copy and paste disabled
- Reporting and analytics
- Excel and CSV downloads of assessments and individual candidates
- Comprehensive overview of all current and past candidates
- Scoring benchmarks for candidates with percentile rank scoring
- Add your own ratings and personal notes
As you can see above, the Free plan comes with a pretty robust feature set. So what are the limitations?
Assessment specific limitations
- Tests. The library of the Free plan only includes 10 tests while premium plans have access to over 300 tests and counting. You can see an up-to-date count on our pricing page or take a look at our full test library to see what you’re missing.
- Custom questions. Premium plans come with more custom question types, like file uploads on the Starter plan, and video response and custom coding questions beginning with the Pro plan.
- Custom tests. Users of the Pro plan have the ability to use our test creator to make their own custom tests to add to any of their assessments.
- Company intro/outro video. All premium plans can add an intro- or outro- video to their assessments, to help personalize things a bit further.
- Qualifying questions. Users of the Starter and Pro plans can make use of qualifying questions, to help save both themselves and their candidates time — as well as a bit of money. If disqualified through the use of qualifying questions, a candidate will not be presented with the full assessment.
- Unique invitation links. Starter and Pro plan users can generate unique public links to gain insight into where candidates come from.
- Bulk invitations. Beginning with the Starter plan, you can invite candidates in bulk by uploading a CSV of email addresses.
- Unlimited users. Free plans are limited to five account users. All paid plans come with an unlimited number of account users.
- Company branding . Use your own company logo and colors beginning with our Pro plan.
- ATS integrations. We offer numerous ATS integrations to users of our Pro plan.
- API access. We offer an API for our Pro plan users.
- PDF reports. On a Starter or Pro plan, you can download a PDF report of the assessment overview of each individual candidate.
Trialing premium features
We know how frustrating free plans can be: how do you know you want to upgrade to a paid plan until you have a chance to try out the features of that plan?
The great news is that you still can. You can test out most premium features and all premium tests within your Free plan. We recommend reading this article to help you fully understand how to trial premium features, but the gist of it: create an assessment that utilizes a free feature or test, and invite either yourself or one of your account users to take it. They’ll be able to do so, free of charge.
How do I upgrade to a paid plan?
Upgrading to a paid plan is fairly simple: choose one of the upgrade buttons found throughout your account, and follow the onscreen instructions to upgrade in one of five different currencies. For full details on purchasing a paid plan, please take a look at our article Subscribe to, change, or cancel a plan.
How can I try out premium tests or features?
We recommend reading this article to help you fully understand how to trial premium features, but the gist of it: create an assessment that utilizes a free feature or test, and invite either yourself or one of your account users to take it. They’ll be able to do so, free of charge.
Which plan is right for me?
We have a Return on Investment (ROI) calculator that can assist you in determining the most suitable plan based on your hiring needs.